As we celebrate Father’s Day, I was thinking about my Father-Daughter dance at my wedding. I actually had two. First, my dance with my dad. I remember crying as we danced to Louis Armstrong’s “What a Wonderful World.” He said to me, “You picked a really good guy. I’m proud of you.” The year leading up to that dance with my dad had been a roller coaster. Life had presented some unexpected but amazing experiences and arriving at our wedding day felt like we were crossing a finish line. I don’t know that I could have survived that wild year without the consistent reassurance from my dad. The second Father-Daughter dance at my wedding was my husband, my daughter and me. We swayed to Kenny Chesney’s “There Goes My Life” and tears streamed down our faces. We’d made it. The emotional changes we’d gone through in the past year, all came flowing out. There wasn’t a dry eye at the reception. I remember my husband saying, “I knew if we could just make it here, everything would be alright.” Nearly 10 years later, we still tell our daughter, Mackenna, about the beautiful dance we had together.
In honor of Father’s Day, we wanted to share some popular Father-Daughter dance songs. We hope your dance with your dad is amazing, emotional and memorable for your big day! Cherish the moment!
- What A Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
- There Goes My Life – Kenny Chesney
- Butterfly Kisses – Bob Carlisle
- My Wish – Rascal Flatts
- You Are The Sunshine of My Life – Stevie Wonder
- My Girl – The Temptations
- I Loved Her First – Heartland
- How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) – James Taylor
- My Little Girl – Tim McGraw
- I Hope You Dance – Lee Ann Womack